Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why We Do It?

Do you ever wonder why you come to youth group on Wednesdays? I know I wondered that in high school and realized that it was a place that I enjoyed going to because of the people and because of what I learned or how I was challenged. As I think of our Wednesday nights starting up again I have been pondering why do we do it? Why do we lead youth group? We can say that it started out of a necessity when Pastor Chris left but I can guarantee you it has not continued for that reason. I can truly say, I love doing it! For me Wednesdays, althought they require a commitment on my part (and Barry's) I love being around you guys and seeing what you have to say about your faith, about acting out your faith in public and seeing how you challenge both me and your peers in their faith.
There are times when I feel that I leave youth group on a Wednesday night having learned more than I feel I've taught and that's awesome. It's a great reminder that we're never to young or old to be a teacher or a learner and really we should strive to be both all the time. As we head into this year it is my prayer that you do question Why you do the things you do and that through questioning you come to a deeper understanding that includes because you love youth group, what we do, what we learn, and the people who are there each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment